Here's More....  

Posted by: Zindra

Seems like a lot is still going on. Thinking I need one of those trips to Florida to clear my mind!!!

Josiah & the Allstars. (Sounds a bit like Alvin and the Chipmunks!) Well, practice has been going well. Coach had him get a longer bat. So, I thought this wasn't going to cost me anything :) We found out that the tournament is in Oak Harbor this year (rotates yearly...). Hmm. Yah. So we'll see how that goes. The most we could drive over there is six times... Minimum I believe is four. Double elimination tournament. Honestly, we just didn't know what we were getting into when we signed him up. Excited that he made the team.. a little concerned about the process. It should be fine... But what's wierd is that I feel like i'm supposed to put 10 evenings on hold between July 6 & July 16.. and life doesn't happen that way.

Rod's work.. well.. his job ends friday. I can tell you that I feel anxious. Not because I'm afraid of him being laid off... but because i've waited about 6 weeks for this date and I just want it to be over already! Tired of the goofy corperate stuff... like his boss getting chewed on because the store isn't selling anything.. ummm duh, on that one. Like Rod's getting the cell number cut off after 8 years of the same number (most likely anyway) because they won't allow him to change it from a dealer to a non dealer line. Yah. Tired of this type of stuff.

Wondering what we are going to be doing with the severence money. I'm thinking that we'll probably hold on to it, or a significant portion of it, until we figure out what is really going on financially.. job-wise.. etc.

This last friday, we lost a family friend. The guy that died in a hamilton construction accident was a friend of ours. Rod and I weren't terribly close to him per se, but I've known the family since Kindergarten. We've done thanksgivings with them, family parties, and so much more. My friend, my age, Erica, lost her husband. He was 34. They have two young kids. My heart really goes out to her. On our anniversary, we found out about what happened to Caine, and Rod and I went and spent time with the family. I may have sacrificed an important evening of my relationship with Rod, but she'll never get another one on this earth with Caine. I was so glad that we did. Interesting enough, it's made the whole job thing seem so much smaller. A job is a job. It's not the loss of someone you said that you want to spend your forever with... The funeral is tomorrow, ordered flowers tonight. I really wish I could help... I'm going to pray pray pray that she makes it through this!!! I told her that if she EVER needs me to watch the kids, for any reason, that I definately will. Rod asked if he could get the funeral off. I didn't think his boss would let him... but she said yes..

On a different note... when we took the kids rafing... one of the parents suggested a missions trip for the teens... hmm... so I looked into doing a missions trip with Alternative Missions (the people that Jay & Faith work with)... and it looks like it may be a Go. We've only talked with a few of the parents, and allll of them have been positive. I didn't expect that at all. We are hoping to plan it, if it goes, for Sept of 2009. So we have plenty of time to get the money together.. as well as go right before friday school starts.. so that the kids are all amped up at the beginning of friday school. I'm hoping that this works.. but we need a fundraising coordinator. I'm willing to plan it, but we need someone who will step up to do fundraising. I've got tooo many irons in the fire to do that part!!!

Ok, well, that's all for now folks! Zindra

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment